FEOA Forums banner

Rebuilding a 1.8

946 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  James92Scort 
i bought an engine from a junk yard so that i could build one up and still drive my car. worked out perfectly. no problems since i did a complete rebuild, the engine was like new, only better! :) am selling both the built up engine and my stock engine that i pulled from my scort.

no, it´s not all that hard to pull the engine. we got mine out fairly quickly. i wouldn´t pull it in a junkyard unless you got the stuff to do it. like a hoist and air gun and all that crap. you should ask and see why the car is there and if the engine runs or not. they should know that. the yard where i got mine had the engine pulled already and sitting off to the side under a garbage bag.

heh ok here i go for my suggestions:

- make sure block is not cracked
- make sure head is not cracked
- make sure engine is in decent condition
- TAKE YOUR TIME
- make sure you use proper torque for each bolt
- don´t lose parts

ummm yeh, if i think of anything else i will let you know hehe.

mine was bored over 1mm which puts it to about 2.0L. i did get on a dyno but belts came off during run so i never did get 1 solid pull. i could totally tell a difference though in the power soon as it hit like 3-4k RPM.

i do suggest you get as much as you can new. it makes for a better looking engine and also you know it´s new!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.