FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
what I have heard is that all you need is the rear spindal set up off of a 91-96 EGT and the E-brake cables, or you could play it safe, unless some one knows for sure, use a set from a S/R modle. but I would wait for same ZX2 guys to answer your question, they know 100% for sure.

JustinGT

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
FWIW, to me it seems the easiet thing to do is to drop the entire rear out of the cars and swap them. I'm getting ready to pull the rear out of a 91 EGT and there are just four bolt holding it to the frame, the front trailing arms each have one bolt, the two bolts on each strut and then the brake lines and E-cables. This just seems to me to be the easiest way to do it. And it makes it a great time to: put in new struts/springs b/c now they have no weight on them, put in new trailing arm bushings, etc. Also another benefit of this is that you get the EGT stabilizer with the assembly. If you're getting it from a JY, the guy pulling it never has to torch and ruin another parts on the car OR you do it yourself.
BTW, I'm stripping out the 91 EGT and all parts are available.
Bill.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was just thinking about this myself ('97 lx, not sport) and was wondering what would be involved.

I didnt realize that parts from an EGT would fit, I was more thinking of getting parts from a junked 97-up scort that came with ABS. (The ABS models were all four wheel discs, I believe)

So, I really cant answer your question, but I am curious about the same swap and what I would really gain from it.

~Bug

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, yeah... i've had nothing but bad luck with drum brakes in the past and the last car i had was four wheel disc... i loved it! so yeah, anyone know if it would work if i just ripped the back end off of an abs equipped scort??? also, what are we talking about as far as time and $$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.