FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the junkyard yesterday and I picked up a rear view out of a mid-late 90's monte carlo. I got is because it had the reading lamps on it. I have a good know how on how to wire stuff but the question is how would I wire it up? It has a black wire (ground) white and orange. any help would be great...

· Registered
6,057 Posts
r those wires seperate(wite and orange). if so i assume that one wire could be a signal for something like outside temp and or compass. and the other wire being the volts.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its really nothing fancy just has reading lights, but yeah there are 3 wires black white orange. The reason Im doing this is that i got a parts car and Im swapping the whole interior because mines is a little beat. So i was going to do this while the old headliner was out before I put the new one in.

· Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
you should be able to use the 12v at the dome light for it.

· Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
EscorGo said:
You guys have it covered. I'd love to have this in my wagon. Right now I have a Garmin

definitely a cool idea, putting GPS in your rear view mirror. shouldn't be too long till it's available here.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I am going to feel like such a noobe asking this question but how in the hell does the rear view mirror come off in the first place??? The reason im asking is that I just dont want to break nothing because its a little cold in the burgh to be sticking a new mirror back up there... thanks

· Registered
5,164 Posts
There is a set screw in the base that attaches to the glued on tab on the windshield. Loosen that set screw and then it should slide up and off that tab.
If you happen to break tab off windshield, there are kits to reattach properly, just follow the instructions carefully for a good bond.

· Registered
314 Posts
I havent had a rear-view on my EGT since I bought it. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.