FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the bolts out. They are faceing the frame. Currently setting on jack an stands. Does the engine mount under the battery need removing to lower enough. Chilton an Haynes are not helpfull. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, from search and thoughts of my own yesterday. The upper driver engine mount has to be took loose. Then lower tranny to remove mount center bolt. Am I correct. Anyone willing to voice their thoughts. And can a HOW TO be put up please. A few others have ran into the same. Thanks.
PS. Where can we get the Crossmember Bushings? Ford has to order these from Dearborn. 5 day turn around on these an pay in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Got them out, alil' work and extra pair of hand's on jack persuaded them all out. Reversed support bolts out to ease next round of replacement. VA didn't even mess with upper engine mount rear(under battery). Just manuevered jack front and rear to remove support bracket for rear mount. By the way they were totally shot(both lower tranny). Also scavaged a set of crossmember bushings and made them work. They were alot of the vibration that had the dash in a quake at idle. Believe Maybe one upper mount may be giving up still slight shudder as idle settles. Va check other post for you(response). Again Thanks....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply. Have it fixed now an reversed the bolts for easier removal now.
Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry No way to do Pic's. Old Computer. Mileage is at 140+. 4th owner. replacement by them unknown.
Dash vibation(bad) at 'car in gear' was my issue. You need to crawl under and check the crossmember mount's. That is a big issue if you have any oil leaks to deteriate the rubbers. The rear mount is a bitch. "You will have some minor vibration." And that is with all new, Bushings and mount's.
My upper (battery tray) engine driver side mount was shot also. Didn't know till it was removed.
If you need help any Pm me. Check once daily. Wish ya the best.
arkie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts