FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I could be that both of the rear wheels are "toed-out" that would cause the inner sides of both tires to wear out. Also check to make sure that the brakes are not dragging a little in the back. If none of that is the case, check the condition of the struts and springs. If the springs are collapsed, that will cause a negative camber situation all the time and wear the tires out in that pattern as well.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
The rear camber is adjustable, just not very easily. Last time I had an alignment done, I asked the techie working on my car. He said the only way to adjust it is through a shim kit that must be purchased. He also said that it was a huge pain in the ass to do, but it can be done if need be. Sounds like you need be.

Hope that helps :D

Matt 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the helpful replies. No, it is not lowered. The rear springs were replaced a few years ago, but I guess struts could be shot. And I guess toe in could be off. I have no record of toe in ever being checked.
Given the cost of struts (a few hundred $?), if thats it I would rather just keep buying $30 tires from Walmart.
Car has 110K miles and has been badly abused by my teenage children, so I just dont want to spend any big money on a car that is bashed up and probably has not much more life left in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.