FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 SOHC

Hi, took the car in to get new tires. While I was there I asked if they could check the brakes(so I wouldnt have to) since they do it for free. FOR SOME REASON, the guys in the shop thought I also wanted an alignment. ANyway, I ended up getting a free alignment up front, but they didnt do the back. They said it's not adjustable, but that I need new camber bolts in the rear which cost $54 each. My questions:

1. Is it true the back isnt adjustable?

2. Where can I find these camber bolts and are they easy to change? Oh, are they really 50 bucks each?

Well that was a bit more than two questions. I appreciate it.

thanks

Ed

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
that shop tried to rip you OFF. since I haven't done a rear alignment on my EGT yet I do not know if there are camber bolts, someone else will know though and post it. BUT there is a toe adjustment for the rear!

so answer to Q 1, the rear is adjustable toe for sure, camber possibly I don't know.

I doubt you need new bolts unless they are really really rusty though so that's prolly a lie too.

take it easy Ed, I'll peek under my car today since it's up in the air already and see what is adjustable in the rear, I'm pretty sure it's just toe.

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
If it's anything like my 1995LX (and it is) then the only adjustment that can be made is toe on one back wheel. If you need to adjust camber (you probably don't) then get the appropriate number of camber bolts and install them yourself.

Can you scan in an post your alignment printout?

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
No, 3rd gens have a different rear sub-frame setup. There are cam bolts that attach the rear links the the sub-frame. These adjust the rear toe on each side individually. Last time I checked these bolts are about $15-$20 each.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt get an alignment printout since they mistakenly performed the alignment up front. Is this a job I can perform on my own. I did notice the inside of the rear tires were way more worn out that the outsides of them. Is this the toe in adjustment? Should I just take the car to an alignment shop?

THanks,

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts