FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good mornning everybody:

since i bought the car (2005) the car have issues in the brakes, specially the rear brakes (4 disc)

i´ve try any kind of adjustment, but the results are the same, after weeks the rear brakes are weak.

i´ve been making the adjustment like the manual says, CW the adjuster until the pads touch the disc then turn back (CCW) like 1/3, i´ve try this with the e-brake on and ofF, loosing the e-brake then adjust, and viceversa. also use the e-brake until drive in reverse, anything
but the results are the same, weak rear brakes. and the e-brake system don´t keep the car on stop.

sometimes i have to put the e-brake like 1 or 2 click and the car brakes good but not optimal.

i have all new, hardware, pistons, disc and everything, except the calipers (front and rear), no air in the system.

why the rear calipers lose the adjusment after 1 or 2 weeks?
what i´ve been doing wrong?
i need to replace the rear calipers?, the mechanism are very simple but the car don´t brake.

best regards

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll check the drawings to see what can wear and cause that situation.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Also check the the adjuster screw is not worn. I hasnt been able to look for the information but i remember when working on some brakes and that situation happened. Ended up being the adjuster screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts