FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want fog lights! So what kind should I get, and where are they available? How much might they cost?
Oh...and ya, I know there would be instructions on how to wire them, but how exactly do I wire them in? Maybe as a seperate switch??

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
You'll mount a relay on the firewall and run a wire from the battery to an inline fuse to the relay. Then you'll run two wires from the relay to the positive side of the fog lights... and from the foglights you'll run ground wires to a grounding point behind the front bumper. Then you'll run a wire from the relay through the firewall to a switch mounted on the dash.. then you'll run the other end of the switch over to the wires at the headlight switch. This way you can turn the fogs off and on with the switch, but they'll only be on when the headlights are on. That's the best way.

Oh, and unless you get lots of fog in your area.. get driving lights.. fog lights are only for lighting up the road about 10' in front of the car during times when you're in fog so thick you can't see 10'. Driving lights will help to extend your view down the road during high speed night driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.