FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
I've not used the spring blocks Marsh gave me, but they definitely make the rear ride much higher. It's comically high on a good spring. But, binding coils definitely adds to ride harshness.

Are those things made out of plastic? The center molding line is why I ask. They're also much less of a lift than the aluminum screw in type. I doubt either will come out since the screw in ones seem to only go in or out easily enough when the spring is out of the car. Even in the car it will be loaded by the strut/shock. I can bring them with me the next time we're both in Athens, and let you take a look.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
UnexplodedCow said:
I've not used the spring blocks Marsh gave me, .
The ones in the springs you got aren't the ones I was referring to. The ones I got were two sets of brackets that a bolt went through the top down the bottom. There were notches to fit on the coils of the spring. You needed to nut both sides of the bottom bracket. This style created adjustment for ride height, or could be reversed to lower the car. As i said though, ride quality suffered greatly

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Ahhh, I see. The ones I got off you were just raising blocks, and they bind two coils together. That alone will make for a rougher ride. I ended up keeping the cargo springs on the rear, as there's no need for a harsher ride, it's already like a small truck.

·
Registered
387 Posts
UnexplodedCow said:
Ahhh, I see. The ones I got off you were just raising blocks, and they bind two coils together. That alone will make for a rougher ride. I ended up keeping the cargo springs on the rear, as there's no need for a harsher ride, it's already like a small truck.
Yeah, so is mine.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, real pic, it's a 10 point cage from Autoweld. I've taken it around the block a few times it seems to be doing ok so far. I still need to patch the right rear strut tower but it's nowhere near as bad as that pic in the other thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.