FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a NASTY drive on highway 2 between Edmonton and Calgary(only you canadian people would understand why that is sooo nasty...).

Anyway, at one point during my trip, I buried the hammer completely and change(not pennies either...) im thinking about 165km/h(not sure what that is in Miles...) Keep in mind I drive a not so tuned up 93 LX. How bad of an idea would tihs be on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the worst.

The reason I ask. Is that I have this rattling sound underneath my hood since that moment I never had before. And the only thing I could think of is that it is a Heat shield on my exhaust. I dont know if this would be related or not. But I was just curious.

If it is the heat shield, how easy is that to refasten properly?

Thanx

Wes

·
Registered
129 Posts
i used large hose clamps and wraped them around both ends. i had the welds bust off mine, it works just tighten them tight

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried tightening it by myself but of course that was no use. Its friggin annoying. If I had a good recorder and an audio input I would put the sound file up for you guys to listen to. Gimme a better idea, cuz I might have the wrong idea all together.

I was trying to time trial my car for 0-60 just for one, to compare with other friends, and I burnt my clutch out three times. god did that stink! I hope I didnt cause too much serious damage. I wish I knew more about the history of my car so I had an idea of past repairs.

peace

Wes

·
Registered
129 Posts
just for the record, that was supposed to be temporary to see if that is what was rattling. i don´t want to be known as the guy who rigs stuff up the wrong way in the forum. sometimes you just ain´t got much money and you need to rig it for the time being.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I understand. Nothing wrong with that. Im a huge duct tape fan myself. Not for exhaust obviously...

peace

Wes

·
Registered
395 Posts
No man I completely see where you are coming from, I bought some of those cheezy wheel covers for my girl´s car and in the process of taking off the stock hub caps and rings I found three hub caps were rigged on.No big deal right? wrong the new covers don´t fit right and the old ones were toast, so I had to zip tie em on temporarily till I could find some retainers, I never found any that would work.so they stayed that way for months, until I got so pissed off I bought some plumbers tape and made some myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts