FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just feel like making one.. feel free to rant about ricers, rice haters, domestics, imports, fords, mazdas, hondas, sound systems, skinned knuckles.. anything automotive that upsets you...

Please use the [rant][/rant] or [tirade][/tirade] brackets to surround your outburst so that others will know for sure when you're serious and when you're just plain bitchin'

Thank you.
~Beaverboy

[rant]
I'm trying to do some tire research for my dad so that I can made an educated reccomendation for him since his interest in such matters falls short and he often ends up buying whatever is cheapest, much to the detriment of the handling dynamics of whatever vehicle he's equipping. We live in a mountainous region with steep inclines, off-camber switchbacks, rough pot-holed & cracked pavement, blind corners galore and a decent amount of snow in the winter.. so having a tire that corners with stability is important for safety's sake.

I like to read the comments from people at Tirerack on the tires. The folks who live in hilly/mountainous and snowy areas are particularly important to me because they're more likely to know what they're talking about when it comes to how a standard touring tire handles in these conditions than someone who's from.. say.. Florida. I also like to see what the reviewers who've labeled themselves as "Fast and Agressive" drivers are to get an even better idea...

If you write, "I once took a 45deg turn at 55mph in my camaro... the tires didn't even squeal!! These are AWESOME!!!11!"... you, sir, are not an agressive driver... in fact.. you are a small time meddler in hooliganism.. please don't ever waste your money on summer tires.

If you write, "they seemed to get kinda mushy after 2 laps around [insert name of roadcourse raceway here] and just don't hold up like my buddy's race tires".... :D Congratulations!! Captain Obvious will be visiting you in the nearby future to pin a Captain Obvious Deputy badge onto your left pectoral... that's right.. you, sir, are a COD. :thumbleft:

If you write, "after these tires had 30k miles on them, I once hydroplaned.. I don't know if it was the tire's fault, or the road's"... you need to slow down (literally) and realize that the whole problem when hydroplaning is that you aren't touching the road at all.. how could it be the road's fault when you go barelling into standing water on worn tires? You'd get a COD badge too.. if only the word "obvious" had some distant meaning in your world.

If you're justification for being a fast and agressive driver is because you drive a lowered honda (and are running All Season Touring Tires, I must remind the readers) chances are, you're a ricer that wouldn't know "fast and agressive" from a tomato and mayonaise sandwich. Pro Monster Trucks are driven by fast and agressive drivers.. Bigfoot is neither a honda or lowered.. find a new excuse.

If your tire review consists of you telling the world how your car used to dive for ditches all by itself and pull so hard to the left as to give you cramps whilst driving across town, but all that stopped after you got an alignment and these new "AMAZING!!!11!" tires installed.. you need to send me a check for $100, go run a 5k and then call your lawyer so that you can sue the exercise you just had for ripping you off of $100. Causes and reactions have no relationship in your world.

If your tire review consists of bitching about how GM didn't specify a wide enough tire for your Malibu LS and how you think it looks funny.. please don't run near the gene pool.. you might fall in.

If you rated a tire a 10.0 out of 10 in all categories.. I just want to thank you for your unbiased, impartial and most helpful review, fanboi.
[/rant]

And thanks to all of you who have written a review in which you explain the tire's pro's and cons to the best of your ability and have actually discussed differences in how the tire behaves at different periods during it's wear life.. I salute you.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
[rage]I HATE MY FSCKING JOB!!! Stupid gov't busniness people not knowing what the heck they want for this software system which is coming up to 4 years behind schedule. 4 FRAKKIN YEARS!!! Why oh WHY can't they make up their ever-changing minds!?!? And as time keeps passing and deadlines keep getting pushed further and further, more and more money gets wasted. They hire top-name IT consultants for $300 an hour, for what? To tell them that they need to DEFINE THEIR REQUIREMENTS!!! DEFINE THEIR SCOPE!!! These things need to be figured out in the first month of ANY project, but NOOOOoooo. It takes these people over 3 YEARS to do so. All the while taxpayers' $$$ is being drained away to nothing for a cause that completely boggles my mind. At least I'm only a lowly, lonely Co-op consultant consultant. Yes, double consultant, because the consultaing company that hired me for my work term wasn't actually able to fit me onto their payroll so they get me hired through a middle-man company as a temp consultant. Which means even less benefits! YAY! I'm still surprised that I even get Vacation Pay... The wage of 13.13 an hour is quite decent (Canadian funds btw) especially for the amount of work that I actually have available *coughnonewhatsoevercough* due to lack of requirements, but this is just the tip of the iceburg that the gov't is actually paying to have me placed in their IT department. The gov't is being billed $100 an hour for my "services", and i barely see 10% of that, even less with taxes off. WTF. Can we say short end of the stick? At least I only have 3 days left of this horrid, incessant work term left. The return to University student life will be oh so sw33t...I now despise the government I.T. world...[/rage]

[rage x2]Oh yeah, not that the University helps much; All co-op student have to still pay about $600 tuition per work term so we can keep our "Full time student" status. Tuition...for...a work term...And if i decided to take any summer classes in the meantime, I'd have to pay extra! And where does this money go? To the Co-op administrators of course. There's nothing that needs funding in the co-op office except to keep a good supply of paper on hand. WOW, what an expense! Where the money really goes is to pay for the admin's travel expenses and such for the once a term trip they take to wherever the student is placed for a 20 minute interview of how the term is going. And they couldn't do this over the phone, why? Even if a student takes a placement in, say, China, which there were a few openings for. THEY FLY OVER THERE. For a 20 minute interview. Here's a phone card. USE IT FOR CRAP'S SAKE!!!
And not only to students get reamed in their bank account, but we have to do a huge work term report, which isn't supposed to be related to the work term itself mind you. The report can be up to 30 pages in length, on some blah topic which means nothing, and you have to pass it to pass the work term. What a great idea! And it's only a pass/fail grade too, nothing inbetween. And it's not like they're actually reading these things, that would be too much effort. They'll skim through, make sure it looks nice, has a title page, a few diagrams, and if it doesn't seem just about good enough, OH NOOOZ! Redo! So you put a nicer picture on the front, add a few lines to the diagrams, and suddenly "Oh, much better! I'll let you pass the term now." Simply asstastic.[/rage x2]

Ah, now wasn't that fun?

·
Registered
480 Posts
haha beaverboy you are seriously one funny guy :D

Just one thing; why is it every time I decide to fart in my office, someone comes in. No one ever comes in my office... I feel already bad for standing in my fart and having to endure it so I don't spread it around the work place! It makes me feel bad and the other person too because he will only show a funny face but won't feel confortable enough to say "hey, did you shit your pants!" You don't want to tell them because your not sure if they know you farted...

shitzzz

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try to keep em corked until someone comes into your area.. then let'er rip.... LOUD and proceed to wave the air away from you in large motions all while saying, "Shoooooo Weeeeeee! No more [insert name of gassy food here] for me!!" That'll be sure to eliminate any uncomfortable uncertainty. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.