FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening for about a week now and at the most random times. For instance tonight I was rolling up to this stop sign, down shift to 2nd at about 25-20 and just roll slowly to it. Look both ways, try to take off and I look down and the car stalled, it starts right back up and won't do it for another day or so. The car has a brand new alternator and battery, I assume this is a grounding/electrical issue or maybe even a sensor? It's really annoying because there's no warning to it happening, it just up and stalls, I'm not sure if it happens before I stop or when I stop because I always have my music cranking loud enough to hardly hear my mufflerless exhaust.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My gt's been doing this for 2 years; I noticed it did rarely when i removed the aftermarket airfilter...

Mine was doing it when reving over 5000 rpm and suddenly stopping (while in neutral). If it's the same for you I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well last night when I rolled up to that stop sign I just had the clutch in and still had the tranny in 2nd gear, the car was already stalled I believe when I took it out of gear, it made some sort of clicking sound. I'm having doubts about how many more miles my tranny is gunna last, it's making all sorts of odd noises and crunches even when shifting granny like.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Your transaxle has nothing to do with it.

If your clutch was disengaged, but still engaged enough to stall engine, you'd know.

It's an electrical problem somewhere.. MAYBE a vacuum leak somewhere.. but I'm putting my money on electrical.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But what kind of electrical short/problem would cause the car to stall randomly only at extremely slow speeds and/or stops?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
any of the few dozen grounds required to make the spark plugs and fuel injectors fire..

Like they said earlier, don't worry about it. It probably won't develope into a persistant problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts