FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about taking off my rainguards i need opinions what do you guys think? how would the car look without them compared to how it would look with them

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Unless you do something afterwards....the place where the raingutters are is just a primered weld line with the loactor lugs sticking out of it.

Not the greatest looking things in the world....but can be made to look ok with a bit of extra work. :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the rainguards didnt come with it i had them put on well my dad did before i got the car so i dont remember what it looked like.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I think you two are talking about two different things. Rainguards are aftermarket pieces of plastic that you stick over the top of your windows to keep rain from getting in, even with the windows open. I have a set of these, I love them. They´re awesome. Skuce was talking about those raingutters on the roof that channel rainwater towards the rear of the car. ;-)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was talking about rainguards the things to keep rain out with your windows down a little bit. james check out my car and tell me if i should take them off or not

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im deff thinking about doing it how much do you think it will change the look of the car. IMO i think there kinda ricey cause (not trying to be sterotypical and not trying to offend anyone at all) mexicans troop around my town in there 88 corollas and civics with them so idk

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
my opinion is just the opposite. in the summer you can leave your windows cracked to keep it cooler yet don´t have to worry about rain entering the car, to me that makes them functional, and therefore not ´rice´. if someone claimed 30 hp off them then yeah. rice, but nah. ;-)

·
Registered
618 Posts
You mean to tell me they don´t add 30 hp? Damn, I´m not getting them then. The guy at the auto parts store told me they would add anywhere between 30-35 hp, but only if I had the back windows open and if I made my valve cover shiny! ;-)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I´ve got em.. and I have a love/hate relationship with them. They´re nice when I want to leave my windows cracked.. but they look shitty (IMHO), are like blinders when I drive (doubling the apparent thickness of the A pillars), and make drivethru window exchanges a real PITA. Thing is, the VentShade® brands use a glue to adhear themselves to the inside of the rubber/felt window moulding.. and trying to pull them out means potential rips in the moulding (which I have no desire to replace at this time) :-(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts