FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I recently (today, changed out my radio. Now i have a thrid gen with the horable all in one set up
after all was set and done i go to test every thing, and all i get is defrost only. Is there a common thing that i did, to let this happen any ideas?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
did you pinch any wires, hit any plugs/switches during reinstallation? My only guess is to open the thing back up and look through everything.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My guess is that when you took the thing out you popped out the center AC temp control wheel thingy, in which case you're going to need to get under the dash and pop out this little round thingy above the kickboard on the driver's side to put it back on. (To give yourself enough slack.) Or you popped the little round thing off & it needs to be put back on. I had the same thing happen to me when I first did it - you just have some loose connections, that's about it. You can't take the thing out without disconnecting them and sometimes you might pull the wrong end out first. I think.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
On 2nd gens, defrost is mechanical. It's just a rotor cuff.

I think that the newer 3rd gens are electronically controlled, which is ultra-retarded. If it's electronic, then I dunno. If it isn't then it shouldn't be hard to figure out. It's cable operated, and would be by the passenger's left foot while seated.

·
Registered
914 Posts
On mine it goes like this: The fan settings are electric, the AC temp controls are on a cable to that goes to a... (I guess a rotor cuff, it's a round thing, and it's by the driver's /right/ foot.) The AC/Heater/Fan/Defrost wheel thing on the right is electric, and the defrost (rear) is on a button that has a little light that lights up when you press it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts