FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,927 Posts
Cool beans. I wanna replace my radiator & t-stat as well. my car gets over to the R and M before the fan kicks on. Sometimes to help it along though I crank up the heater and roll down the windows, but that's not gonna happen when it finally starts getting up to 80 everyday.

· Registered
8,927 Posts
I doubt that zz...siragan knows computers, but if you read what birddog said, you'd notice he said *THOSE* controls. Not just any computer controls. Besides I don't think either you or siragan have the diagnostic equipment to work on the computers like a trained Ford Mechanic working in a Ford shop would have. I'd much rather take my car to a shop where I can see the credentials and know they have had some professional training.

cocky people annoy me. My brother is the cockiest mofo you'll ever meet. So damn egotistical. I hate that. :x

· Registered
8,927 Posts
zzyzzx said:
For example, I recently had a high idle problem, which I fixed by cleaning the electrical contacts on my coolant temperature sensor. Had I taken it to a mechanic, they most likely would have replaced my IAC on my first visit. Then mabybe replaced a vacuum hose on the second visit. then maybe given up on the third visit. Not sure how much that would have cost me but it would not be convenient or cheap. My other experiences dealing with the dealer mechanics for other warranty work (non-electrical) is equally disappointing.
It would usually help to let them know what the problems are and give them your overwhelmingly smart opinions on what it should be and how they should do their job. taking it in and going "fix it" would leave anyone guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.