FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ill go check it out right now cauz i wanted to take it off for a long time...ill see if what they wrote makes sense..

ill update if anything goes wrong lol :p

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well....it does appear like you can't take off the 4 screws who hold the bars accross the roof.....so...unfortunately i dont know how do remove the rack yet..and i dont know what they mean by Head linner... unless you have to take it off from inside the car....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ok so..i've just removed the Rack on the wagon...

its pretty simple once you figured out what is the head liner...was kinda hard for me cauz english is not my 1rst language...

So in order to remove your rack you need:
1. Remove the sunvisor( 2 screws) and the lock-in device (1 screw).
2. Unplug the wires from the sunvisors
3. Pull the Front passenger's and driver's Pillar plastic cover in order to unclip it...a few clips will do...
4. Do the same with the seatbelt pillars and the rear trim that covers the rear windows....
5. Pry off the rubber trims from all 4 doors where they meet with the inside grey roof cover.
6. Slowly and carefully pry off the grey roof cover along with the foam in order to see the metal structure of the roof...
7. Then you'll see the 10 or so bolts that you will have to unbolt..
8. check out for 4 bolts that are eache placed on the outer limit of the rack...you might forget about those if you dont pay attention since they are hidden a little bit...

9. Get out of the car and thake the rack off..voila...

10. Notice : If you remove the rack...plan to reweld some metal as soon as possible cauz your car will be exposed to rain..if you let it sit outside for sure...cauz once the bolts are off...you can see through the roof:p

hope it helped...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanx alot you were a big help. Also can u use bondo instead of welding or is that the only way to make a complete seal with the rest of the car. Also do u have any pics of what it looks like with out the rack on? If not its kool thanx again for all the info.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You could always use JB-WELD stuff to glue pieces of metal together....so no you dont have to weld the metal in place...but you have no choice to fill the gap with either metal or fibre glass...its a huge gap....ill take post this afternoon and ill give the link to the pics...im at my friends house right now.....

later

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here is the link to my cardomain page with 2 pictures of my wagon without the useless rack ....as you can see you'll have to do some body work to blend in everything together....

As i already said you could always weld metal in place or glue it in place with JB Weld...could also use fiberglass and stuff like that...

The blue spots are made of gasket Maker and they are meant to seal the interior from rain .....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/355428/3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts