FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, there's no "transmision" forum so here goes the "general discussion" forum :)

So with my car not being ofically on the road yet I have discovered a new "problem" when I went driving around at 3am on the highway :)

Got the car up into 5th gear and noticed a very quiet squeal coming from what I am assuming to be the transmision. I wouldn't have even heard it if the window wasn't rolled up.

Disengage the clutch - sound goes away, and there is no squeal in any other gear. The squeal is contstant and does not change pitch with speed and again is only in 5th gear. I'm not even sure where to begin with this.

Car is a 91 LX. Any ideas? Is this even a problem starting up or just a quirk in the 91 LX's transmision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's all the time - "all the time being" twice :) Took the car out again to see if it was still there and nearly had a heart attack when I passed a speed trap :lol:

I would say it happens through the full range of transmision temperature since I do live quite close to the highway so it was probably still cold when I got on the highway and warmed up during the drive.

:?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts