FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would i go about making the second pic in my signature a link? cuz this isn't working and i have no clue why:

the img tags work fine, as both pics show up in the sig, but it converts the <a href> tag to text. what goes on??

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just change the HTML to BBCode, it's pretty easy:

That should work fine.

NOTE: I disabled HTML and BBCode in this post so you could see the code. Also, I don't think there is a width and height tag for BBCode, I'll look it up and edit this post as needed, but no guarantees.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i knew about the lack of size control with BBCode, that's why I need to use the html. the "Juggernaut" banner is almost twice that length normally, and the Scort pic beside it is 640x480. i don't think i'd want that in every sig, the admins probably wouldn't like that ;) if BBCode did have size control however, that would be perfect. thanks anyhoo rellimpk!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah, that would be nice, but I just ended up resizing the picture itself, saves on bandwidth for people with dial-up connections.

And I believe Donnie (Slapyo) disabled certain HTML tags for the forums because people were putting incomplete code in their posts and signatures that was messing up the board (I'm sure you remember that, you've been here a little while).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Juggernaut said:
lol yup, i think that was foxy... *shifty eyes...*
that would explain it. gives me a good reason to try out gimp on my old computer/linux box now!
Twas not I - the only sig pic I've ever had is the one below that Rellimpk made for me. I remember all the trouble with certain codes being disabled, but at that time had no idea what was 'going on.' No-one has ever mentioned to me that I was doing anything wrong. The largest pic I have ever posted is the 'horsey' one I put up recently. OK Mr. Shifty-eyes?? :?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i never claimed my memory was any good...i just recall all the posts in the forums being shifted over, and i recall yours being the first post after the shift each time :? maybe it was just fluke that you happened to be the first to post after whoever screwed up the forums :wink:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Juggernaut said:
well i never claimed my memory was any good...i just recall all the posts in the forums being shifted over, and i recall yours being the first post after the shift each time :? maybe it was just fluke that you happened to be the first to post after whoever screwed up the forums :wink:
Ooer missus!!!! 8O I had no idea - can't think what caused that; I don't do anything different now - sorry if I caused mayhem. :oops:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, you Brits and your mayhem...:) Just kidding. I'm sure you had no ulterior motives or anything like that.

(wait, are you English? If so then "Brits" is okay. However, if you happen to be Scottish or Irish I SINCERELY apologize.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.