FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am putting this thread up because i will not have much access to a computer for the next couple weeks. i am moving from san francisco back to my home in southern california. my parents have internet on thier computer, but its the only one. so i will have limited access and will not be able to browse the forums as much as i usually do. so this thread is for questions bout the site or anything else. please don't make silly posts in here, i just want valid questions. sorry to throw down a rule like that, but i want to be able to use the time i do have to take care of things posted in this thread rather than read silly posts.

so thanks! i will let you all know how things are going. i am leaving san francisco on may 23 and i will be home some time on may 24.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Ok it's not a really big deal, but is there a way to put that online/offline thing back under someones name? Sometimes if I'm still lookin for someone it's nice to be able to see if they're still on without having to refresh the main page a couple times. :wink:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
donnie the chat is acting up, some of us are having a problem loggin in because its telling us that we are already in chat... I think its a bug with the java..

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
This is driving me absolutely INSANE...I typed in a message and it took forever for it to send, but the thing is...it didn't send. So I closed Feoa and tried to re open it and it didn't do it.

This has been going on since we moved to this server...is my computer/modem being retarded or has anyone else had this problem? especially tonight about 10 minutes ago? I hate it when I gotta copy something I wrote so I don't lose it. :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh, yeah i know what you are talking about. sorry about that. there is nothing we can really do. it's kind of cool though. the reason everything is so slow is because we (the site & users) are on the site so much and doing so much all at the same time that it slows down the server. we are not the only site on the server, but i know for sure that we take up alot of the server processor. not much that can be done about that. it's just that this site is very busy pulling in on average 4000 hits a day. the only thing that can be done is the web host upgrading the server and that is at their own time and choice. sorry :p

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:? Huh!! You think you have problems!! I can't use the net at all during the day - I'm told by the engineers at NTL that the cable equipment keeps over-heating because the weather has been so hot and sunny and has affected the 'box' at the end of my road!! e mail's been on-and-off for weeks now. :twisted: Great eh? £25/month for Broadband - Grrrrr! :twisted: 10.37pm here now.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Ok I guess I'll just deal with it then :wink:

Foxy what is lbs in USD??? I pay $45.00 monthly for my cable modem and another $45.00 for tv, not to mention $8 bucks for modem rental and 'service charges.' this months bill was $104 bucks. 8O But I don't think I could go back to payin $20 bucks for slow ass 56k dialup crap. :angry4:

Hey donnie , how would I go about making this emoticon my avatar?? :read:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Right James - (£s btw not lbs) My total NTL:home bill for May/June was £58.66 ($1.6 - £) which includes Cable TV, Cable 'phone and Broadband. I certainly wouldn't go back to the old 'wind-up.net' :lol: but I'm looking into changing my ISP pdq! :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@james92scort: do a remote linking avatar and put this in:

Code:
http://www.feoa.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/read.gif
@95esortsittinlo: how do you want your sig? what is wrong? what is the code that you put in? what does it do when you try?

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
at the top of the forums, click Profile, then in your signature box, place this:

Code:
<@img src="http://www.feoa.net/albums/album33/pappaandson.jpg" width="150"@>

NOTE: copy from < to > and remove the @ signs at the beginning and the end of the code

1 - 20 of 50 Posts