FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stock rear deck in my 2nd gen 'scort about a year ago, with an mdf & 1x2 frame. this is ghetto ugly.

I still have the original deck and was considering making a mold from it, for fiberglass or carbon fiber, so that I might create a sturdier, better looking deck to support My audio system.

What I'm asking for here, is what would you look for in a replacement rear deck? Preformed mounts for speakers? perfectly flat surface? fabric or carpet coating? Gloss or satin finished paint/gelcoat? clearcoat glass or carbon fiber?

At the same time, I'm also considering a custom box to fit beneath the deck and behind the rear seats and am wondering if anyone has done this in the past?

If I do make the mold, I'll definitely be posting on the group buy forum, mostly to defray costs, as carbon is EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would look for a stock rear deck with no modifications. And leave it like that.

I don't usually sit in my car on the center console facing towards the ass end. But that's just me. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
im selling a custom built box for one ten. its in the forsale section. it may be a couple pages back now but it may be what your looking for

NEUMAN

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can just fiberglass the stock deck. its really easy and its holds up really good. Thats what I just got done doing to my 95 2ND gen 4dr. I will post pictures when I get home, im at work right now.

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
tool storage like the BMW?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts