FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
well

you will need to custom fit all the piping...you will probably be able to use the turbo and the intercooler....but you will have to built an adaptor plate for your exhaust manifold..

and the sensors in the intake tube wont fit....but im sure you could make em fit...

so...i think it would work...but you'll need to custom fab some things...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Depend if the turbo flange is the same than that headers.
But, basically, you can take the turbo and intercooler like Electronikal and all the other stuff, piping,... you'll have the made it custom.
If you'll think that you'll run at more than 6-7 psi, I recommand you to buy a custom ECU. I know somebody that sell them for the 1.8 bp. But you have to program it! And it's not easy and not cheap, 1000$CA but, it will help you a loooooot! :p

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Corksport may be able to get an adapter. They sell a manifold that will fit the VJ-series turbochargers.

For the most part, if you are into turbocharging and DON'T own a mainstream vehicle, you MUST be prepared to build your own stuff. I have a friend who wanted to turbocharge his car and couldn't find a manifold, so he made this slickass header out of stainless steel and tig-welded it together. The bonus is that 99% of turbocharger applications out there use manifold, but a header will operate much more efficiently.

Either way, be prepared to buy your own materials and custom weld your own manifold. A *proper* turbocharging job necessitates you being able to fabricate your own parts,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts