FEOA Forums banner


1503 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Juggernaut
i was wondering if anybody here knows how to cut through the metal of an exhaust manifold? what equipment would i need?
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
www.corksport.com go to the Escort/323 link and go under intake/exhaust. there´s a GTX manifold for 180 bucks. get that, and then ask them to locate an IHI RB5 (or is it 25? i can never remember) turbo for you. That way you have a turbo and a manifold that was BUILT for the 1.8 BP. Your best bet is to find an intercooler off of an old Chrysler conquest(?), and have someone custom bend you some intercooler and intake piping. Also, be sure to upgrade your fuel system. I´ve heard 2nd generation RX-7 turbo fuel injectors work beautifully, depending on how much boost you want to run. ;-)
Hope this helps in some way. and someone help me out on those two if-fy spots. I´m not 100% sure on the name of the turbo or the car that Blade got the intercooler from.

18-03-2003 at 09:43, ocorzo wrote:
It´s an IHI RHB5 VJ20 turbo. and the intercooler comes from either a Mitsu Starion or a Conquest.


Yes, thats it. Thanks for clearing that up for me (and him). I need to write that down for future reference. ;-)
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.