FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to switch from manual A/C Heat controls to power, auto, whatever you call it.

I want to move mine out of the middle and the switch for fan speeds and the A/C button is simple but is there an easy (or difficult way ) to relocate the hot to cold slider. Not really concerned about the air recirculation switch.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Okay, first off, the haynes manual gives a pretty nice breakdown of that whole panel. I'd start off looking in there.

The fan speeds are NOT controlled by the switch on the center console. The switch on the center console is just a switch... the thing that actually controls the fan speeds is a series of resistors built into a little panel at the base of the blower fan itself. You can hop under the passenger side's feet area, pop it out with a few screws, and you'll see what I mean. there should be a ground wire leading out from it.

As for the A/C... it pretty much is automatic. The button for the A/C is just an electric switch to engage the compressor clutch, starting up the a/c.

Relocating the slider should be do-able. the sliders are both just linkages to cables, similar to the cables on a bicycle, only these cables not only pull but also push. You'd need to find a new length of wire and a way to route it so it wouldn't crimp, but yes, you could do it.

moving the electrical switches is easy... just put in new sections of wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.