1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi FEOA's member!
Once again I need your help!
Can we put an intake from a GT in a LX?
I still don't know if I'll put a 1.8BP in my car or I'll stuck with the 1.9 for now.
So if the two don't have a lot of difference, I'll buy a kit for the 1.8.

Thx in advance!

Edit: And since the 2.0 (ZX2) is an evolution of the 1.9, can that intake fit also on the 1.8 ?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Just get one that's 3" diameter. You can build the adapter plate out of some lexan and PVC pipe and a plastic welder and then you've got an air filter that can be used on any car in the future.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cost of a plastic Welder: 70$ CA
Cost of an air compressor: 150$ CA
Number of time using Plastic Welder: 1
Cost of an intake: 150$ (made out of alu)

What's better now?

I already think to do it in PVC tube, but before that, I just wanted to know if those intake should fit on each other.
Thx!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
well I'm talking about the adapter plate. The thing that adapts the filter to your VAM. Making your intake out of something other than the stock tube is basically a waste of time and money, and it adds weight, and looks bad. The only real reason you should need to modify your intake is if you're turbocharging. And those people who say that using a piece of metal tubing for an intake helps the charge stay cold are wrong. The only reason why you want to use metal is either because of pressurized charge (i.e. forced induction) or for heat transfer from the pipe to the air. Never will you "lose" heat from the pipe to the air if you're just sucking air in. You're more likely to just heat your intake charge. </rant>

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, but my big concern is that I'm projecting to go turbo on a 1.8. But I don't know when this will be done. And I don't want to buy something that I'll change in about 1 year. I'm looking for part when my engine will be done for the turbo.
And when I bought that car, this a$$*** didn't put back the tube for the intake. So, I'm left with a crappy all rusted air filter with the maf, but no tube!
The adapter is already there so... :p
And like I said before, I just want to know if the tubbing is the same for the 1.8,1.9 and 2.0 and maybe the Zetec (By looking at the pic, I'm sure that will no fit)
I've seen no post about that question, so maybe save some money for other people!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.