FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting my turbo system together for my SPI swap.

I have purchased or will be purchasing (THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD CHRISTMAS FOR ME!!!) the following:

SPI (purchased
Turbo with internal wastegate (purchased)
BOV
Intercooler (purchased)
Turbo manifold
Exhaust System
Intake System

My main question is regarding fuel delivery...
I have purchased:
A new 255 l/hr fuel pump
A new adustable Fuel pressure Regulator
A FMU

Can I run my stock injectors and MAF?

I plan on running 5-10 psi boost at first, using my stock ECU until I go MegaSquirt (or other piggy-back).

Also are injecters standard enough as for as mount to the intake and fuel rail that I do not have to worry about which ones to use as long as they are high impedence.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
You may beable to run the stock injectors for small boost with the FMU, but it depends on what ratio you have, or if it's adjustable.

You'll have to modify the SPI rail to take the standard injectors, but that no big deal.

Dont exspect to run more then 7-8psi with the stock computer.

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
i managed to squeez 8psi with the fmu, stock injectors, and pump. but thats iffy. i wouldnt recomend it unles you have a good handle on FI. if you use longer injectors, like mine, sometimes its a perfect enough fit where the rail rests firmly aginst the intake mani. youd just have to see mine.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
jd_91pony said:
So can I go with larger injectors (24-32#) and still use my stock MAF and ECU?
kinda, maybe a little, but not really...

Any time you increase the size of the injectors flow, you have to change somting to make up for it so it does'nt run rich when you dont want it to.
I'm using 24lb injectors, to make up for the increased flow, I lowerd the fuel pressure to 19psi instead of the stock 32psi. So that way the car still starts and idels as if it had the stock 15lb injectors. Then when the boost comes on the FMU raises the fuel pressure back up and beyond to give me the fuel I need. My adjustable FPR is as low as it goes, if I used larger then 24lb's, there might be too much fuel at idle.

You could leave the fuel pressure alone, then just use 4 big injectors and a MAF to match. But if you dont run a custom chip you'll get advanced timing from the sensor change. AFC's will also screw with the ignition timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts