FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for all of you nerds and geeks out there, if you haven't already seen the site, NEVER GO THERE!!!

J/K, this site is pretty cool, though extremely frustrating at times. PD is pretty much a bunch of puzzles, (5 rounds, 20 questions each to be exact), and would give people like Einstein unbearable headaches.

If you do decide to go there and try out the puzzles (registration is free, very simple, and there's no emails sent to you or anything unless you specifically ask), then feel free to ask me for any clues or hints and whatnot.

Now, onto the real reason I'm posting, I'm stuck on Round 4, Puzzle 12, and the question is as such:

"A heavy block of iron, a metal ball weighing sixteen pounds with a wire attached, and a flat-based iron ring for support.

These are components of a surprisingly sensitive device. What is the device used for?"

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this contraption might be, so anyone who can help, or even if you think you might be able to help, please, let me know.

And remember, those things listed above are not neccesarily all of the components. Oh, and for you odd people :wink: 16 pounds is equivalent to 7.26 kg.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Oh thanks a bunch Mr. Rellimpk, every time I close my eyes all I see is a large ball with a piece if wire attached!!! I need sleep!! :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
damn man, i went there with my friend and he is a physics major. we didn't sign up for an account yet, i'm afraid to. i think i am gonna have my friend sign up and i'll help him out heh, if he needs it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's pretty rough. I still haven't figured out the answer yet, though I got a couple of clues. Somebody said to think laterally, and a few people have said to concentrate on the second object (16lb ball with a wire attatched), and it should help to figure it out.

This is driving both me and my wife insane.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and sorry Foxy :wink: I didn't mean to drive everone else insane as well. Oh, and I actually had a dream about the puzzle last night, that's how much it's getting to me. I think that in my dream, I figured out what the device is, but damn the luck, I can't remember the dream. This sux!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
can some1 tell me the 1st one, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... lol i cant figure it out. about the sensative one.... try something like measuring earthquakes? dunno. later

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Now I'm hung up on Round 1 puzzle 4.. sequence of letters. :x I think I'm just overthinking it.

Curse you, rellimpk! Curse you and your "NEVER GO THERE!!!" warning.. surely you know that's an invitation noone can pass up!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Beaverboy said:
Now I'm hung up on Round 1 puzzle 4.. sequence of letters. :x I think I'm just overthinking it.

Curse you, rellimpk! Curse you and your "NEVER GO THERE!!!" warning.. surely you know that's an invitation noone can pass up!
Too True!!! Look what happened to the Nosey Parkers in "Alien." It's like passing on a nasty virus; my friends all hate me now! Balls (with wire on). :twisted:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, I'm sorry. I guess I'm now the most hated peron on this site. :D Oh well.

Anyway, I figured out the ball/wire one. I was real close the whole time, I was heading in the right direction and didn't even know it.

Well, I'm stuck on round five puzzle one now. Can't really post it on here as it's a picture and all, but if anyone needs any help, feel free to ask me, I'll be glad to help you out in any way that I can.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
<---- asking.
Round one, question two. Something about two dozen doors that lead to nowhere.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think of Christmas. Some people here in my office say they've never seen them or even heard of them, but I used to sell them every year as a kid.

·
Registered
545 Posts
got round 1 question 2 (thnx, the xmas hint really helped). but wtf am i supposed to do with the maze??? i dont even know what its asking. lol. later

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Complete the maze and the answer is whatever the maze spells out. Think phonetic alphabet (easy for me to say, I'm in the military!). The picture kind of helps too, but you have to have the maze done, unless you're a good guesser.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
I'm afraid the Christmas hint didn't help. I guess I'm like all those dudes you work with that have never heard of it. More hints?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.