FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is what I noticed the other day when I put back on all the stock parts like the airbox and the stock airfilter. I did not put the resonator thing back on but i did block the hole.

In my opinion in the gt´s when you replace the stock airbox with a performance airfilter you are loosing horsepower and trotlle reponse.

Take your performance air filter off and put it stock you´ll see what i mean. I know you guy already know this but the stock air system is better than just putting a new airfilter and sitting it in the airbox.

I hope you all understand what I mean because i really did notice a difference.

What do you guys think? what this mod really worth it? I think not. Stock is better unless you do a hole new airbox for the performance airfilter.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James, your talking about the tube that goes in the resonator right? I took it off to and I sealed the hole but to all of you who are thinking of putting a k&n, DONT, only if you will build a custom box for your airfilter because the stock air system in the 1.8 is pretty good. I dont know much but I did notice that my car idle better, better throttle response but I did like that sporty sound.

Anyway, I should test it on the 1/4 mile but I don´t think i´ll be putting a aftermarket airfilter anytime soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.