FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 LX wagon. its a 5spd with no tach. i have from my old 93 lx a tach cluster from a GT (this cluster worked great in my 93 lx).
so the question is can a 93 cluster work in a 95 car? seeing as there is a air bag light in the cluster maybe something else as well. i cant find any info on this. i tried the two of 3 diffrent wiring methods thats in meclures topic about the swap but i always come up missing something.
so, can a 93 tach cluster be re-pined into a 95 non tach car? (besides the tach signal)

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
yes, it can. You will need both the wiring diagrams for the 93 and the 95, and match everything up. You will have issues because the 91-93 had the low fuel light instead of the airbag light.

That's why I just got a 94 tach cluster for my 94... only 1 wiring diagram needed to figure out the swap.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHY can i not find a yellow/green wire for the "check coolant" light?

i should have wrote down the wiring before i de-pinned everything.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, i found my missing wire.
as of right now i think it all works, but the oil pressure light...dont know.
when i go key on engine off, the oil light comes on (like all the other lights) then when i start the car they go off. but i cant get the light to come on by grounding the wire that goes to the oil pressure sender?
but the coolant gauge will drop to nothing if you unhook it. the gas gauge works, all the turn light, high beam, hatch like. tach ect.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay everything BUT the coolant temp gauge seems to work. is there something im missing? the needle doesnt seem to move, i can unhook the wire at the sender unit and the needle will drop down but its was only to the first while make and never goes beond that. what can i be missing.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
therieldeal said:
they changed the gauge control thing (small removable circuit board on the top of the cluster) at least once during the 2nd gen's history. i had to reuse the one that came with my 94 wagon in order to get the gauge working right when i put in a 95 tach cluster.

god, that was a mess.
hm, okay. then i might have to look into that. right now i have tested the gauge by going out to the sender and grounding it which resulted in the gauge going all the way hot and then took the ground away and the gauge went all the way stone cold. this made me think my sender has gone bad.
so if the control board is the problem. i would put the 95 cluster board in the 93 GT cluster?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the new sender/switch has seemed to fix the problem. i have yet to get it real hot like city driving but just letting it run in the drive way to go much further than it has before the new sender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts