FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what wires go where, there was a really good howto on the erdt board about this but its gone now, so i need to know can anyone please help me :cry:

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I can probably get you the how to... my one friend did it. He explained it, and told me if I wanted a wiring diagram, he could do one up. Will my starter on my key chain still work if I do this though???

·
Registered
432 Posts
push button start takes like 10 seconds to setup.
you get two wires. hook one to ground hook one to your starter. i know i'm not being specific. :lol: but that's the basic. i have it setup on my car.

Des.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Mind you that that doesn't really start your car. You still need the ECU to be running for a spark map (through the CAS) and of course the fuel pump to be running. All what you're talking about does is just turn the starter motor.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I think that is what they want to do...

Put key in ignition.
Turn key to on position.
Push button to start car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive actually done this, except i used switches instead of a push button start.

one day while i was at work, my starter switch broke one late night, i didnt want to be stuck at work any longer than the two hours that i was already there, so i opened the steering column, and i spilced into the wires that went to the key, and it started, so i basically hot-wired my car.

so i left it like that for about a week trying to figure out what to do with it.
i tried the push button switch they have at autozone, but the connections were too small to handle that load. i then took some 8 guage wire i had from an old amp setup and some heavy-duty flip switches, mounted them on my dash, and works fine.

all the key does is lock the steering wheel now, im impressed with the out-come. but i wouldnt recommend doing it this way unless you have a good alarm. :wink:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Ive got a complete write up on this with pics on my flash drive. let me find the right stick and upload it

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i have the idea just someone in the erdt board posted pictures of both plugs at the ignition (steering column) and shows which to cut and splice for what you want

its simple but id like to know the wires first that would make it so i dont test the power cuz my wires are really short and a biatch to test

anyways this is what im doing hooking it up so that the key will unlock the wheel and give power to my accessories ie heater lights etc.

but i will have a nitrous switch to give power to the push button, the pushbutton will be connected to a relay which will start the car

now i will have a toggle switch which has two settings push button and key
when i turn the toggle on i have the car in push button mode, when i turn the toggle off its back to the old turn the key to start and the push button wont work

its all pretty simple with the help of relays but again i just need to know what wires to cut without figuring it out by testing if anyone has the pics from the original howto that would help alot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.