FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the rest of the interior pulled and its ugly, my brother gave me his 87 its in pretty good shape compared to mine least the carpet isnt able to be called sod like mine only problem is engine runs like crap wouldent even touch mine in racing so ill keep my engine for a spare my friend has another gt 1.9 "built" head has been shaved and so has the block, so more compression. how much of a pain is it to pull a engine on a 1st gen? I think mine is going for the big scort pile in the sky too much rust for anyone to want to deal with. will the 89 tail lights and hatch swap over to the 87? I noticed the rear pillars have diffrences but will it still work? how hard is it to pull that bumper cover(front) the 87 one is junk my 89s is good

Thanks
Curtis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay got under the 87 its alot worse, the 89 still has form to the floor pans and small holes these are huge holes, do all the 1st gen gscorts rust to all hell like this? or is there a 1st gen that is solid?

Curtis

·
Registered
558 Posts
my exterior was perfect (until i crashed it :( ) the only thing wrong on mine was the holes in the floorpans. there wasnt any metal or anything. the floorpans we like packed carpet or something. does your have metal floorpans? later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah mine has sheetmeal still, i just got the front floor pans welded up new sheet welded in, grinded all the rust off, welding in some thicker sheet in the back floor pans, siliconeing all the holes from the bottem(welded new in on top) to seal it up, my door jams are all rusted out from the windshield leaking thats how my floor pans went to hell the water was running down the door jams and down to the carpet what when i pulled it out was pretty much sod. I have the before pics ill get the after pics when its all done yet you guys see it and see what you think.

Curtis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my floor pans welded up looks good, now im on to the door jams and not liking it alot more complex than the pans but it wont be to hard to do cut off all of the rotted away material and found some sorta solid pieces there. Anybody want to post the pics for me?

Curtis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.