FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a studder like a mad man and a cel for 2nd cylinder. bought plugs, wires, distributor then pulled second plug and found the electrode with oil on it... So assuming piston ring or piston is messed and think its cheaper to get a motor from junkyard ($200) then pull all apart and replace parts. So can be done in a weekend and ready to go and has 30 day warranty so why not i figure. That said, i searched for a diy on pulling motor with no luck. any diys for the 2.0?

Any help is greatly appreciated. once motor is pulled and replaced, its turbo time:) going to run 7 psi while the original motor is being machined and built for some real boost.

Thanks
Dale

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
I don't believe anyone has done a write up. Get a Haynes manual... that will help out a lot. Also take pictures as you go. Thats what I do.

· Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Before you start buying new motor's you might just want to find out what's going on with the one you have now.
Maybe start with a compression check. If it comes in good, might just be a bad valve seal or somthing.

If you do have a short block problem, just swap out your entire motor with the junk yard one instead of trying to take both apart to peice one together.

· Registered
69 Posts
joe69 said:
gotta watch at junkyards. some places dont tell you why its in the junkyard, none of the ones i go to say if the motor is bad or anything.
X2, I alway's ask why the car came in and alway's try to buy one from a car that was in a wreck. I know some of the local junk yard guy's though so that helps out. Most j/y will give you a warranty but it sucks doing the work twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.