FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on making a half cage for my exp. pretty much a rollbar with the forward supports that go where the door is to the floor and no a-pillar support. rollbar will be the mounting point for a 4 point street harness. (factory egt seats will be used for now until i can get some racing seats..)

anyway, i found some tubing that the guy at the shop told me "this is what everybody buys" it was available in like 1.25" od and 1.75" od or something like that. welded steel, smooth appearance, fairly stout wall. (wall was like 1/8th thick maybe). around 50 bux for a 10 foot section.

what do you think? any ideas?

they also stock 3" 16 gauge tubing, that i will use for exhaust tubing, along with mandrel bends purchased from summit racing. around 32 bux for 10 feet.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am not planning on doing any racing with any sanctioning body. maybe the local college track every once in a while, but that is usually low speed parkin lot stuff. i am doing it for my own protection, and to stiffen up a chassis i am having to cut alot of holes and patch. plus, it doesnt hurt!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
3 inches tubing for your exhaust ? Are you N/A or FI ? cauz 3inchs seems a little big.....

i'd stick with 2 or 2,25 if you're NA and 2,5 if you're FI....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, forgot to mention: 3" for garrett t3 on r/s manifold :D

btw, how does one go about getting a 3" pipe to fit on the volvo wastegate part? or am i better off going with the thunderbird part?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts