FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to do some more tunning on the FPR and FMU and while I was doing so,I decided to check to make sure my fuel pressure lines where tight.As the clumsy arse that I am,I slipped with the wrench and broke the head off the schraeder valve on my damn fuel rail.Gas was flying everywere(all over engine an over my face including eyes)Thank God thats as far as it got.
But now I have to wait till I have time(probably Springtime) to go hit the yards for a 1.9L fuel Rail. It really sucks not to have time..... :roll:

· Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Lucky it did'nt end in fire. Welp, it could of been a lot worse.
I think I might have a 1.9 rail that I did'nt hack up yet, maybe you'll be back on the raod sooner then you think...I'll have to check my box-O-parts when I get home. Could you just crimp off the broken end?

· Registered
4,414 Posts
Well if you don't have one Tracer-X and I have a line on several 1.9 and 97 2.0 fuel rails. 8)

· Administrator
9,399 Posts
um... hers what id do.. get some needle nose and remove the valve completely. get a 1'' piece of fuel line, copper tube and a pressure guage. atach the tube to the rail with the fuel line.r un the guage to your dash... thats what i did.

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks.As for sealing the port,I am actually using it for my fuel pressure gauge The line is connected to it.But if I get to bored waiting for spring,Ill probably end up doing that and re-route the FPG line...
Marclar,I can't do that.It's completly sheered off,nothing to hold on to.
And thanks guys,I really appreciate the help.
Single Overhead Cammers Unite.... :lol:

· Administrator
9,399 Posts
i wish i had a pic of mine. it doesnt leakm, even when i was running 120fuel psi. and its always good if your running an fmu to actually see the fuel pressure while your driving.

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its always good if your running an fmu to actually see the fuel pressure while your driving
I wouldn't have it any other way Marclar. But i cant invent anything there.The whole stem is gone.....The only choices are to replace rail or seal it off and tapp into fuel line for FPG.Not to thrilled about second choice.

· Registered
742 Posts
marclar wrote:
um... hers what id do.. get some needle nose and remove the valve completely. get a 1'' piece of fuel line, copper tube and a pressure guage. atach the tube to the rail with the fuel line.r un the guage to your dash... thats what i did.
You want him to run fuel to the inside of the car? Are you mad man?

· Registered
82 Posts
No, what Marclar is saying is to tap into the line with a pressure gauge.

He can buy a digital pressure gauge with .25% + accuracy, and it doesn't require it to run fuel to the inside of the car.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

· Administrator
9,399 Posts
gt19ho said:
exactly. as long as your using copper pipe instead of nylone tube its all good. i have a 100psi guage and coper pipe runing up to my dash.

· Registered
7,483 Posts
marclar said:
gt19ho said:
exactly. as long as your using copper pipe instead of nylone tube its all good. i have a 100psi guage and coper pipe runing up to my dash.
Thats a good way to get dead. If you get in an accident, and the engine gets knocked out fo the car, there will be a fuel line delivering fuel right into the cab, a parfect source for an electrical short to start a fire. 8O

· Registered
5,664 Posts
marclar said:
gt19ho said:
That is a really bad idea. There is a reason fuel lines are not ran on the inside of the car. Best thing to do is buy a auto meter (high pressure) issolator to go to the fuel pressure guage inside the car. This way if anything would happen to the guage or conection inside the car you would only get a very small amount of antifreeze in the car instead of pumping in a butt load of gas.

· Registered
4,414 Posts
I'm partial to mechancial guages myself but there are certian times when electrical is the way to go. Gimp's way would be how you can keep those mechanical guages.

· Registered
5,664 Posts
drivinonthinice said:
I'm partial to mechancial guages myself but there are certian times when electrical is the way to go. Gimp's way would be how you can keep those mechanical guages.
The electric guage fuel pressure guage has a pretty hefty price, so I bought a mechanical FP guage and mounted it to the hood till I got an isolator and moved it inside the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.