FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't cdipier2, it's his brother. He started the car up to go to work. He couldn't shift the car out of park! What could be wrong? It runs fine but the stick isn't budging? Any help? Thanks!!!

Jdipier2

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I think that there was a post about this awhile back.. doesn't it have to do with the brakes too?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now this is chris
all fixed! It was the fuse, it was blown out. I replaced it with a new one and it works fine now

·
Registered
91 Posts
there should be a switch right by the lever that you can press to get it out if that does fail...not sure on what years though

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
All automatics have it. Just flip that roundish looking cover off to the right of the stick, and use something to push down in the hole. Instant shift.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
91 Posts
fixitmattman said:
All automatics have it. Just flip that roundish looking cover off to the right of the stick, and use something to push down in the hole. Instant shift.

Matt 8)
alright thanks... i knew the 2nd gens did but was unsure about 1st n 3rd

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i used that instant shift thing before when i went to get some gas. but now i gots me some new fuses so I don't have to worry about it. I got a pack of 40 for $10. and it comes with a puller/tester to see if they need to be replaced or not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts