FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 91 GT, and a coulpe weeks ago the car overheated, caused a leak and i fixed it, but somehow, antifreeze fluid got in to my cylinder one spark plug chamber, dont ask me how. So i go the fluid out, change the plug and it was good from there on. Yesterday, it happened again, it was raining, and the car started to act like it was when it was only firing on three. I pulled the plug wire and water was in there.

How is water getting in my spark plug chamber, and way is it fouling my plug?

i have already changed the plug in cylinder one, and it is still doing the same, do i have a blown head gasket?

This is my daily driver so i have to fix it as fast as possible, until i have a break this winter, that is when i am going to rebuild and prep for a turbo.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
hmm... has it been rianing or any other water around? If not its possible you cracked/warped/damaged the head when it overheated? how bad did it overheat?

If your boots are not sealing its possible for water to get in but only if your spark plugs don't fit right... or near right *L*

I'd say either bad head gasket or something damaged on the head. PS don't run it until you fix it. Water does NOT compress and if you get to much in there you will potentially destroy the engine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It hit the red line when it over heated, but i stoped the car way before if started to spew antifreeze out of the radiator, it just got a little steamy. The leak was a pin hole leak, off of the hose that runs from the back of the block, to the themostat, (oil cooling PVC hose)

It was raining pretty hard the second time it started to fire on three, i just changed my spark wire not even 2-3 months ago, and I took a spark wire from the old set (which i know worked becuase the #1 wire was foul), and put the 2nd cyclinder wire and connected to the first cyclinder plug, and still did the same.

The water is collecting in the spark chamber, i dont think it is making it to the cyclinder, but i change plugs and wires again.

How long does it take to change the head gasket, i know how to do it, but i need the car to be running, could i do it in a weeked, the car also has 150,000 miles on it.

The funny this is I planed on rebuilding this motor, but not until i had a nice long break off school. Oh well got to do what ya gotta do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
is the water in the threds of the plug or on the electrode of the plug itself. if its a head gasket you would know it i would think. do you have water in your oil at all. you said you blew a hose and that is where the leak is coming from. sounds pretty wierd. do you see water pooling up in the plug chamber. check your plug does it feel wet on the electrode part or the thred part of the plug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.