FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a bit of noise when turning the wheel in my 98 ZX2 and figured it needed a top-off of power steering fluid. It did...because the cap to my power steering fluid reservoir was gone! I added the fluid and then improvised by sticking the cap to the fluid bottle into the top of the reservoir. It was a perfect fit, but when I went to park after driving all over town, my power steering went out. Can someone tell me if I made a major mistake "improvising" on the cap? Is it not a sealed system? Or is it just that my fluid might have gotten really dirty by not having a cap for a while? I really am trying not to have to replace the whole thing!

·
Registered
844 Posts
if you look closely at the cap, it has a small hole in it, for relieving some pressure, if u put that solid cap on it, then yea i could see it doing some damage, too much pressure on the steering rack... i dont know much bout 3gens.. but just my thoughts...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.