FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
39,557 Posts
That is the expansion valve. you should be able to pull it out with a pair of needle nose. note the color of the valve represents the orifice diameter

·
Administrator
39,557 Posts
yes. the reference is correct.. orifice tube is the modern nomenclature for expansion valve.. same principle. next thing... forget autozone completely. delete that from your memory. the 'orifice tubes' are all pretty much universally accepted by color. so once you get it out, clean it up and figure out what color it is. then you can look for the proper part. NEVER waste your time at autozone. thats like going to a proctologist for ankle pain. orileys carries these parts in almost every store. but you must know the color. its probably either blue, orange or white.

·
Administrator
39,557 Posts
best thing I have found is that I would rather not use the warranty, and get a higher quality part to start with. I spend about 5k a month with orileys and have never been left up the creek, but I also have commercial accounts. They pay me labor claims too if something fails. For your average user maybe AZ is fine, but over the years I have seen more junk parts from them than anyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts