FEOA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading up the grave road from my house doing 60km/h, I was looking for my cell
Phone so I really was not paying any attention to the road. Anyhow just as I look up this MOFO of a Porcupine (probably around 25lbs) is blinded by my head lights and is sitting in the middle of the road. Will I saw him at the last minute give or take about 10 feet from car. Well I pulled this unprecedented swerve and doge the MOFO. I think I gave him a heart attack :)

Unlike last year where I drop a porcupine at 80km/h up and hill and a around a bent, the little guy flew like a football. I hit him square on cause I knew there was no way I was stopping and I did not feel I needed to replace tires. Anyhow he did manage to get 3 needles into the out sidewall. No damage thou. :D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I took out an opossum last night. :oops: :( :cry:

Little fella was sitting on the yellow line of a very narrow road with a steep dropoff to one side (no guardrail) and an embankment on the other. I tried to stop, but I was heading downhill.. it was wet.. I didn't know which way he was going to go, so I headed right for him leaving it up to him to run (I was braking hard the whole time) He started to go right.. but it was too late, so I tried to head right for him so that a tire wouldn't hit him... I heard a little thump.. :( I wasn't moving very quickly at the time.. I'm hoping he was just playing dead :( ... shit.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
lol The possum was playing chicken with you! they don't lead too exciting of lives so I'm sure he wasn't too mad when he got up to heaven with 19 opposum virgins waiting for him :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:( Please, I beg of you, don't start a 'kills' forum on animals? A few years ago, it was the 'in thing' in the UK to make 'flat hedgehog' jokes - sick or what!! :roll:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I was actually driving home a couple nights ago, when this huge mothafo porcupine came out, and at first I thought it was just some trash, and then he darts out, so I pull a swerve-a-roonie and just barely miss the mofo.. those things are crazy... like kamakazie-u-pines...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I hit a mountain lion/bobcat doing about 80. Long story short, it was like 10 years ago and I was coming back from g/f's in the country and rounded a long sweeper. There in the road eating something was what I thought to be a very large cat, as I approached unable to brake or swerve it looks up and the damn thing is a bobcat or mountain lion or something because it's bigger than any cat should ever be. Hit it without braking and heard it coming apart in the wheel wells. Got home, the next morning looked at the car and there was gore all over the front and underneath, knocked the transmission pan loose, leaking tranny fluid on the floor, and curious bits of fur everywhere. Nasty.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You should see what happened to the deer that hit my 94 scort about a year and a half ago. 70mph on the interstate the deer decides to run across into the drivers side fender. It mangled the fender, door, mirror, Windshield (which decapitated the deer) quaterpanel, rear spring, and tail light. the deer got kicked up into the rear wheel weel and cut into pieces as I was trying to stop. Go most of the damage repaired the next day. Gotta love boneyards. yeah the deer was a mess. 200 foot bloody streak on the interstate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
since we are into this. i was a long side a semi on the interstate that hit a deer at 70mph. my whole EXP got covered with this red liquid from the deer. its hard to get off after it drys on there. sick to scurb that off. the day i asked myself, why did i buy a white car and not that red one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
8O lol kool we're doin kill stories now. i was in a red fiero 84 ( so real low to the ground ) doin about 90-100kmh and a big ass fat cat came running out of the trees, right accross the road. i cant stop, im right on top of it like white on rice, i hit and hit it hard. i could feel it roll under the car like a sausage machine- i could hear it scratching the floor boards as i went over the little guy. and as i get past him i see him in the rear-view mirror rolling down the highway.

little mofo gets up and runs away to the other side. i get home and theres car hair all over the under body of my car lol i got my girlfriend to clean it up.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
WhiteligthingEXP said:
my whole EXP got covered with this red liquid from the deer. its hard to get off after it drys on there. sick to scurb that off. the day i asked myself, why did i buy a white car and not that red one.
You actually needed a black car.. once that blood really dries up... Oh, and lots of air fresheners and garlic to keep the vamps away...

:twisted: Blooooooooood :twisted:

·
Registered
222 Posts
i was going about 30mph in my parent's hood, when i see these kids come running around the corner of a house chasing a cat. the kids all stop when they see me, but the cat kept going. i swerved into the other lane to avoid it, but it ran under me and i hit it. i turned around and went back and the cat had run into the driveway. i got out to see if it was ok. It was shaking and stuff, it didn't look happy. it died within a minute. then i asked the kids (who were all standing around) why they were chasing the cat, and they said "we weren't chasing it." Then i walked around the corner to the house where cat lived (according to its tag) and told the owner that i had killed it. The whole thing was a real bummer.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Then i walked around the corner to the house where cat lived (according to its tag) and told the owner that i had killed it. The whole thing was a real bummer.
Thanks for being a man about it. That was hard to do, and noone was making you. Respect.

·
Registered
302 Posts
*This post is accompanied by the sound of knocking on wood.*

Pennsylvania is one of the states with the highest number of deer killed on the roads. (That why we have so many hunters :wink: ) I have known alot of people who have wrecked thier cars because of them. My own sister wrecked my mom's neon because she slammed on the brakes to avoid a deer, locked them up, and ended up going straight into a ditch instead of around a corner. Thankfully I have never it any animals (that weren't already dead) with my car (insects excluded), and I hope I never do. I did however have a pet dog that was killed by some lady in a minivan. She stop and said she was sorry, but I was still mad at her. I know I would feel terrible if I did something like that.

·
Registered
911 Posts
hehe, i had a 94 tempo before my scort. I hit a pregnant deer goin 65. It hit my pass side front end, then swung around and its head went through my pass side window, hehe, it stayed until i came to a stop and fell out. Well, i wanted to keep it so the sherrif called in another cruiser to get a deer ticket and like a total of 10 showed up to watch me gut it so i could keep the meat. It was funny cuz we played w/ the 2 fawns it had inside. they were amlost ready to be born too....hehe, oh well. tahts when i got my scort.

·
Registered
51 Posts
u have to be joking. ***barfs***

I've only run down a couple of squirrels...they make a nice satisfying Snicker's type crunch under the tires...LOL

I've drove through a flock of birds sitting on the road...stupid things...I beaned one of them right on my grill...when I came to a stop to check it out, it looked like I had the Trans Am logo up front. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts