FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehe.. I voted on the poll about what mods do you have done to the car, and under Supercharging it said (Haven´t seen it done yet.) Didn´t anybody see my pics under my profile, or maybe I need to re-upload them, since I haven´t looked at my profile since we moved the site. Anyways, by next week I should be able to bring a updated pic of my mocked up motor, with the charger, and the dry sump system installed.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
damn I totaly forgot torin. Sorry about that. we are about to do a new poll anyway.

how is that project coming anyway?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I´ll tell you something... It is easy to understand why most people build small block Chevy´s & Fords. AFTERMARKET parts! As it will end up, the camshaft and the pistons are the only performance parts built for the CVH that I actually will end up buying. Making everything else, or adapting parts from other applications. My current headache is mounting the alternator. I switched to the 2nd gen water pump, and the lower radiator hose mounts right on the water pump, so I cant use the stock brackets and mount it on the exhaust side of the motor, and on the intake side, the oil pump sits under the intake manifold, and the tapped holes on that side of the block (4 next to the oil pan rail) are going to be used for the motormount. I may weld a aluminum 90 deg. elbow on the pump, and just space the alternator off the block to clear.. And then the distributor is in a REAL bad spot for a rear wheel drive application. Ill have to section out a big chunk of the firewall, and deal with the inaccessibility, or put a removeable section of firewall in, and then access the distributor from inside the car. UGH. Every time I come up with a solution to a problem, I create 2 more. I keep hoping it is all worth it in the end.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I know the feeling.. well not with cars but you get the idea *L*. sounds like it is going to be awesome when its done though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts