FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont remember who did the etching on the Plexi glass, but how did you do it. Plus im thinking of mouting my amps like u did, did you have to take out the spare tire? and last ,where did u get the mirror stuff, im not copying im gonna put my own twist on it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah I did it. I took a logo I found online, printed it out at the size i wanted. I then took contact paper and cut two sheets the size of my peice of plexi. Stick one sheet on top of the other so you have double the thickness. Stick you emblem/logo to the contact paper. Lay it on a surface you don't mind cutting up and cut out the logo with a razor blade. After the logo is cut out peel of the backing off the first layer of contact paper and stick it to the plexi. I then used a sandblaster to etch the logo into the plexi. Here's how it came out...

and...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
ya sandblasting may work better but sanding is basically the same, both using abrasive to etch ie sand

ill be sanding mine first i gotta make the box tho but for now im lazy

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sanding would work but you will be able to see all the directions you sanded with the paper. I went with the sandblasting method since it looks nice and even.

Siragan - I though about that when I did mine, but I didn't think you would be able to see enough of the subs. I dunno, it might turn out neat, I just wanted basically a window look with a logo on it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
ya thats why i would suggest a 1000-2000 grit then directional sweeps are harder to see, maybe even a wet sand

all in all i cant do mine now or i would

to damn busy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts