FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need help desperately! I'm stationed overseas, and I have my 2001 Ford ZX2 over here with me. THe problem is, for the last couple of weeks whenever i start it, it won't come out of park, and then a couple seconds later it does. Well, this morning, i went to start it to leave, and it wouldn't come out of park at all. THe button goes in a little when you push it, but then it stops. It also sounds like its making a little clicking sound in the steering wheel. Anyway, if you can help me, please do, my car is now stuck at my house. :?: :( :?:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yeah there is a brake interlock safety switch. If the brake pedal isn't being pushed hard enough it won't let it go into gear. The clicking you are hearing is probably the relay for it. Make sure you are pushing the brake pedal down fully. If you are I would suspect a faulty relay or safety switch.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There should be a Key Override on the bezel for the shifter. My 91 had it, but i dunno if they nixed lt later. It is meant for if you get your car towed and they dont wanna leave the key in the ignition they can just stick the key in the slot and unlock the shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts