FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what year pintos came with the double valve springs which fit our engine? I really need to get them when i do my headwork and don't feel like paying a crapload for aftermarket ones.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Here's the part numbers pony gave me for my little project.

VG-737 valve guides
99884-8 2.3 Ford double valve springs (crane cams)
99932-8 steel retainer set for 4 cylinder (crane cams)

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
no pintos or tbirds or mustangs or rangers or any cr with the Lima engine had dbl valve springs stock.. but god are there ever tons of aftermarket parts for them.

like was posted above, those are the Crane part numbers for the springs that you can use in a CVH. it'll be up to your engine guy or whoever to properly shim them however.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the numbers. So are you saying all the double springs people have found off those engines on junk yards are aftermarket? I remember posts about people claming they looked at a handfull of them till they found the double springs.

Thanks again,
Nick

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Well for the sake of duribility/reliability you would want to get new ones. I suppose you could go to a j/y and look at 2.3 turbo motors to see if you could find some. But I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
i could possibly see the SVO mustangs having them.. but honestly, ive never come across a 2.3ford yet that had them stock when i ripped the valve cover off.

i may be mistaken, and there may exist some stock dbl vavle springs, but ive never seen them yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts