FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 zx2 . im having trouble finding this replacment hose part . for the pcv . one end goes to the pcv and outher end goes to the firewall area
i have the metal tube that runs beside the motor all i need is the rubber hose and a elbow for the pcv.
anyone have this part number?
or a idea of how to fix this. or were to find it ??
note. all i have been able to find is a dorman 46030 witch is not the same hose note all the bens in the broken hose
thanks
Sleeve Glove Grey Sportswear Bag

·
Super Moderator
6,166 Posts
Some people use a regular piece of heater hose to replace it.

Reactions: zzyzzx

·
Super Moderator
6,166 Posts
thats a good idea thanks
. what about the elbow that goes to the pcv use a pice of heater hose for that to ?
I seem to recall people using spark plug boots since they were 90 degree angles. I think they sell them in the "help" section of some auto parts stores.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you want an exact fit replacement PCV hose then this is the Motorcraft one, available on Ebay... Might as well replace the PCV valve while you are at it. I just did all this a few months ago.

Product Azure Font Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
759 Posts
unfortunately you have been given the wrong part number for your car. This problem you are having is not common with the 98 but it does arise. The part numbers you have been given are for the newer cars NOT the 98

the part you need for the 98 is actually f8cz-6758-aa. You don't have to order this part specifically though because that metal tube is reusable. If you can't wait for the part and need the car right away you can go to autozone and purchase dorman pcv elbow 47028. This dorman part will take care of the elbow you need to connect to the pcv valve and the metal tube. The other part of the hose can be replaced with fuel line. This is similar enough to what ford used and will work for many years.

the part number for the pcv hose incorrectly provided is not recommended for your car and wont fit onto the intake manifold. This is part of the difference for 98 cars and their pcv systems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts