FEOA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm kinda new here and I have another thread that is basically monstrous. This is hopefully simple.
Does anyone know where and how I can buy the correct Motorcraft parts for the PCV hose for my 2000 ZX2?
The hose that runs under the thermostat housing and turns in under the intake manifold by the IAC valve?

I've exhausted all my searches from Rock Auto to eBay and the only one I see is more like the Air Filter line

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you. That's a start, I'm unsure but I'm thinking the plastic pipe is broken or cracked as it has rubber hoses clamped in two places

·
Registered
742 Posts
So I'm kinda new here and I have another thread that is basically monstrous. This is hopefully simple.
Does anyone know where and how I can buy the correct Motorcraft parts for the PCV hose for my 2000 ZX2?
The hose that runs under the thermostat housing and turns in under the intake manifold by the IAC valve?

I've exhausted all my searches from Rock Auto to eBay and the only one I see is more like the Air Filter line

Thanks for looking!
call it by the correct name and you will get better results. This is what you need for your car:

Ford Genuine F8CZ-6853-CA Crankcase Ventilation Tube

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, makes total sense but I have never heard anyone call it anything but a PCV hose. Thank you, happy to learn something!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wow, makes total sense but I have never heard anyone call it anything but a PCV hose. Thank you, happy to learn something!
the complete part is less than $30 on average. sometime the hose ends are $10 each so it is easier and better for most people just to replace the complete hose

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm just looking to clean this up and be sure it's all good at the same time. $30 is a small invasion to get the result I want.
Again thanks, I honestly can't believe someone hasn't capitalized on the fact that calling it a PCV hose and raising the price would probably get a few sales. Anyway I appreciate everyones help. Great forum and group of people.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I'm pretty sure that you're correct. They don't look the same, I'm just glad to have the whole part number as my plastic tube is not correct. Thanks again

·
Registered
31 Posts
The elbow that transitions from a 3/8” to a 1/2” ID at the top of the crankcase to the air filter is the same as the elbow that leads from the PCV to the throttle body. The elbow directly at the PCV is 3/8 - 3/8 and is unique

·
Registered
742 Posts
The elbow that transitions from a 3/8" to a 1/2" ID at the top of the crankcase to the air filter is the same as the elbow that leads from the PCV to the throttle body. The elbow directly at the PCV is 3/8 - 3/8 and is unique
both ends are different and neither end is the same as the breather elbow. The breather elbow can be used in emergency situation if you break down in SC and want to get out of there fast but it is not a replacement or substitute.

images provided of the pcv hose to show anyone who may come across this that the ends are different and image provided of the elbow for the intake and the breather elbow

kindly note that the pcv hose for the 98 zx2 is different than this picture provided here

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts