FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Hrm, I know this may sound like a stretch, but I think that cover actually has an airbag underneath it, and the company designed it to fling a soft, cushiony pillow of air instead of hurling large, expensive electronics at your passengers during a crash...

...just a thought.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
i hear what you can do to make it safe and not deploy in your face when you pry open the covering. is that you unhook your battery from its terminals, and leave the ignition key on for 45mins to an hour or so to drain what's left of the juice. and that way the car should be completely dead. im staying the hell away from that thing if i can help it. i dont want to get hit with "a soft, cushiony pillow of air" at a few hundred miles an hour..

but then huring expensive electronics at passengers in accidents is kinda funny!

·
Registered
316 Posts
The best part is you can remove it from the car and put it on the ground and run like 20 foot of wire to them and light it up with an ele charge of your choice.... I like my 18 volt drill batt. If you put it face down it will shoot into the air..... a lotta fun. just rember it will be real hot when it is done. I took my tarurs to the yard a bit ago and lit mine off inside the city limits around 8 pm on a sunday night...... Forgot how loud it was.

Grav1ty

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
couldnt you also sell them for lots of money? my buddy traded his in on his race car for another engine from a local saturn wrecker. he got made parts for those airbags. they are hell expensive i guess. which makes sense, cause there is a lot to them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.