FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and this is my first post. I originally posted this in the tech help section before I saw it suggested to post in the model specific sections. Sorry about that.

Our 2000 ZX-2 has an electrical issue that I hope someone can help me with. When the running/park lights are turned on, the tail fuse blows. The headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and 4-way flashers work. I've replaced the multifunction switch and what I thought was the parklamp relay. The white/black wire from the fuse box appears to go to more then one relay.

1) Is there a way to test the relays to determine the correct parklamp relay or a malfunctioning relay?

2) What else could it be if not the parklamp relay or multifunction switch?

Thank you for any help. This is driving me nuts and it would be nice to be able to drive the car at night.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Use a voltmeter to test the wires at the tail light for a short to ground. Of course, one of them will be grounded but not all of them should be. Unless we have a strange switch that grounds when off. The tail light harness is easy to find if you take the trunk carpet off the sides. Who knows, remove that carpet and you might just see the short. Also, check the condition of the bulb holders. They could be damaged and shorted at the holder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are the man, ZX2Fast. I traced the short down to one of the license plate bulb holders. The bulb holder was burned to a crisp. I just cut it off for now until I can get a replacement socket. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.