FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have 93 gt with stock rims and I wnted to paint them black. I know powdercoating is good but there isnt place here for that so anyone have any other ideas. Is there black rim paint that works good? can someone give a little how to maybe.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Why paint them black?Those rims are sweet just the way they are but if you still want to paint them.Make sure you clean them really good with some kind of degreaser then just sand them down a bit so the paint has something to grab to.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
i used bbq paint on my old stock rims.. works great it just ceramic high temp black paint. cheaper than engine paint, and works just as good, if not more durable. id look into it. the caramic coating lasts quite long, just be sure to clean them well, take your time, shield them from dust and dirt, tape off your tires with duct tape and newspaper, and lay down a few coats of semi gloss paint before you use the ceramic paint.. it helps bond a little better, and comes out smoother. if ya want any more tips hit me up on aim at red97lxscort. good luck!
-Justin

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've done these wheels before, I used "Satin black" paint, and chrome where a trim ring would normally be. Throw on a set of chrome lugs, and if you do a nice job, they look great. Toughest thing to do is take your time. It's very tempting to just rush through and paint em without proper sanding or cleaning, and that comes out looking like crap. I did ones similar on a Dodge Omni, way back in the day, Bright blue with Gold edge. Those were pimpin. ;-)

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts