FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has painted their wheels and had them stand the "test of time" for a reasonably long time recommend a brand of paint/clear coat to me. I want to paint the lx alloy wheels gun-metal black. My friend has a sandblaster, and now i just want some recommendations for brand of paint and clear coat. Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey I havent down this personally but someone I know said they used engine enamel and it worked great. looks good to I might add. It the brand they sell at autozone and wal mart the high temp stuff. try that I guess. He paint his black

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey buddy. A good website to go to is hokpaint.com it is house of kolors website, it will help u choose the right color to choose if u plan on keeping the rims.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
have them powdercoated. It's really the only thing that will hold up good, assuming you dont pick fights with curbs frequently. You probably already know this, but when you sandblast them, use something gentle, like walnut shells, glass bead, plastic bead, or ice. Sand will eat into the metal bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts