Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there not 1 piece anymore and there 4-1 why u complain about paint

melting when it has sticker right on them saying this is not a high temp finish

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
well...then don't paint them at all..its ridiculous to paint something if you know it will burn as soon as you'll start the car.....paint fumes are toxic and dangerous....and if those fumes get in your engine through your air filter then you'll gunk the engine...this is stupid...

its not that hard to use high temp paint and then bake it in an oven for an hour or two....

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i dont like the burning there gaskets suck **** they look like foam or something

i just started the car put a fan blowing at motor to keep the smoke down

·
Registered
451 Posts
i'd say send it to a shop that does this kinda stuff everyday, cause the rattle can temp sprays never work as well as you'd like them too.

Sure it's way cheaper, but thats why, cause it's way cheaper :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well..no High temp paint will work well if you don't cook it for at least 1 hour at like 300 F...... Depending on the product, the time and heat level will change...but you MUST cure the paint otherwise it will burn off....

And if you cook it in a regular home oven, make sure you leave the door open so the fumes wont stay in the oven and eventually blow your face off...

and don't cook it in your kitchen oven or you'll get intoxicated hehe...
you can buy used one for like 50 $...so if you're planning on painting small parts with high heat paint...get one....its worth it..

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
powdercoating will solve that problem. hell, it'll solve almost any problem with rust/oxidation/wear n' tear...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts