FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a little searching and found out that the P1445 translates into Purge Flow Sensor Circuit High Input.

Do I read that as the sensor is bad and I should replace it?

Or do I read that as the Sensor is working properly and it is reporting a High Input condition ?

I wouldn't consider myself a great wrench with cars, but I'm good enough to change oil, belts, and an alternator, hopefully you guys can give me enough info to fix this one on my own.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
820 Posts
HW33 DTC P1445: CHECK PF SENSOR HIGH VOLTAGE TO PCM
Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1445 indicates that Self-Test has detected a PF sensor circuit input above the maximum.

Possible causes:

PF shorted to VPWR.
PF open circuit.
PWR GND open circuit.
Damaged purge flow (PF) sensor.
Damaged PCM.
Disconnect PF sensor.
Check for loose pins or broken wires by pulling moderately on the PF and PWR GND circuits at PF sensor harness connector.
Repair as necessary.
Reconnect PF sensor.
Connect scan tool.
Key on, engine off.
Note: PF sensor input to the PCM range is 0.40 to 4.80 volts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, replace the purge flow sensor. Had same problem on my 97 LX though my fault was 1443. Sensor was $22.47 at local Ford dealer. Very simple to replace.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Can you offer any direction on how to test for the possible causes?
Unless you have a breakout box and a scanner,the pinpoint tests will not be of any use to you.It entitles opening (disconecting) the harness between the PF wires and the PCM to check for open wires,high resistance,voltages, or shorts to power or ground.Hey,but if you still want it ,let me know and I will send it to you via PM(too lenthy to post it)

I recommend taking your chances and replace the piece and have someone clear the code for you.Most of the times i have seen this code is due to a bad PF sensor. Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the purge flow sensor also known as a thermister ? I called my local dealer and they had the following parts:

Valve $49 (in stock)
Thermister $22 (in stock)

Kit: canister, flow sensor and hoses = $65.00 (NOT in stock)

Is the Thermister all I need or should I order the kit since the price isn't much more....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts